Plotting Your Course with an Appetite for Purpose!
We must understand goals are dreams with a deadline; Goal setting with deadlines can be done daily, weekly, monthly or yearly. We can push forward with our goals or as life happens, they sometimes fall backwards, there is no middle ground.
Goals can sometimes express desires of goodness, but can't be measured, there are no deadlines. Goals without measure or without deadlines are difficult to achieve.
Realistic goals with a purposeful vision should include:
- Goal explanation (how and what needs to be done to reach your goal).
- Date of completion (what is your deadline?).
Goal setting should be determined biblically (1 Corinthians 10:31) and:
- Consistent with God's word.
- Likeminded with Jesus Christ.
Most importantly, setting goals is appropriate from all ages, youth through adulthood.
When plotting your course with an appetite for purpose, there are certain commitments involved:
- Be certain your goals are specific and measurable.
- Be sure your goals are realistic.
- Be sure to develop a plan of completion for your goals.
- Be sure to set appropriate time aside to complete the task for your goal.
- Be sure to include an evaluation of the goal to be reached.
Then take these important steps to help push forward with plotting your course and to accomplish your goal setting with an appetite for purpose:
- Ask God for direction (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Establish objectives for what needs to be done (Psalm 37:23, 24)
- Plot your course (have a blueprint) in place to help accomplish your goals (Proverbs 16:9)
- Make a schedule of what God placed on your heart to do (1 Chronicles 12:32)
Finally, make a plan of action (plotting your course) to show how much money and time is required to accomplish your goals.
For more information on signing up for Plotting Your Course with an Appetite for Purpose coaching session,
go to: www.renewyourminddaily.com
#plotting your #course